Starz TV Terms and Conditions:
- Starz TV is owned and operated by CSC Media Group Ltd, a company with registered number 04442243 and registered address at Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London, W1F 9LU (“we”, “us” or “our”). CSC Media Group Ltd is a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures Corporation Ltd (part of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Group).
If you would like to contact us for any reason other than as specified elsewhere in these Terms please do so using the following details:
Address: Starz TV, CSC Media Group Ltd, Sony Pictures Europe House, 25 Golden Square, London W1F 9LU
Using Starz TV Services
- To use the Services, you must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 16 or over.
- You must have the permission of the person who pays your mobile phone bill before using any of the Services. Charges will be deducted from the bill payer’s available credit if they are a pay-as-you-go customer or will appear on their monthly statement if they are a contract customer.
- Sending Messages and Photos: You can send text messages and photo messages to be shown on Starz TV to 71000. Sending a text message will cost £1. Sending a photo message will cost £1 plus one standard network text. Photos featuring under 16’s, as determined by Starz, will be rejected after 7pm and you might still be charged.
- Requesting a music video: To request the playing of a music video on Starz TV, send a text message to 71000 containing the individual track number as listed on screen in the scrolling banner. You can request as many tracks as you like but you can only request one track per text message. If you send a request that does not match a valid track number then you may still be charged. Sending a text message will cost £1.
- We play tracks from our track list in order of requests received. If there is a gap in requests we will select a track to play. To avoid tracks being played too repetitively, we will not play the same track within 15 minutes of its previous play. If the track you have requested has been played within 15 minutes of receiving your request, your request will be placed in a queue and will not be played until after the end of the 15 minutes period. If there are no other requested tracks in the queue, we will select other tracks until the end of the 15 minutes period.
- All messages which are received by us and which comply with these Terms will be shown on Starz TV on a “first received, first shown” basis. If your text message or photo message does not appear on Starz TV due to our error, you may be entitled to a refund for that message. To claim your refund, please contact us using the contact details specified in section 1.3 above.
- By sending a text message or photo message, you confirm that we can show your message or play your requested track on Starz TV before the end of the statutory 14 day cancellation period and acknowledge that your cancellation rights are lost once we have fully performed our services.
- Anything that you may need to be able to access the Services and Site, such as a television, mobile phone, computers or internet access, is your responsibility and we don’t have to provide any of this equipment for you. You are also responsible for ensuring that no person uses your equipment to access the Services or the Site without your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Services or Site using your equipment has your permission to do so and you will be responsible for any charges, costs or liabilities that may be incurred by any such persons while using your equipment.
- You must not attack the Services or Site with any nasty viruses or other things that might be harmful to the Services or Site or any of our users. Any hackers or other trouble makers may be reported to law enforcement authorities.
Your Messages and Photos
- As between you and us you will own any content or material (“Your Content”) you submit when using the Services. You agree that we have the right to copy, distribute, adapt and use Your Content for any purpose or otherwise make it available to the public and that these rights will last forever and apply anywhere in the world.
You must not submit any content:
- that is confidential, untrue and hurtful, obscene, offensive, racist, indecent, threatening or is otherwise unlawful or objectionable, including content which includes swearing or nudity;
- that you do not own or do not have the permission of the owner or any other relevant person who may have rights in or connected to the content you are uploading;
- that includes any personal information about you or other people; or
- that by appearing on Starz TV would infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of another person.
- The views expressed by other users on Starz TV do not represent our views or values. You are responsible for Your Content so please be sensible about what you post.
- You also agree that we can disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content submitted by you using the Services violates their intellectual property rights, their right to privacy, or any other legal rights.
Moderation, notice and takedown procedures
- We may moderate Your Content before it is shown on Starz TV although we do not have to do this and you are still responsible for ensuring you do not submit any unsuitable content.
- If you become aware that other users of the Services have posted content which is inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or does not comply with any of the provisions of the Terms or you want to have Your Content removed from Starz TV at any time, please notify us by contacting us at email@example.com
- We may remove Your Content from Starz TV or refuse to show Your Content at any time and without notifying you if in our reasonable discretion Your Content breaches these Terms.
- For the avoidance of doubt any decision we make in connection with the removal of any content from Starz TV is final and we do not owe you any obligations in relation to our decisions about removing content. Note that you may still be charged for your text or photo message if we refuse to show it.
- We may run competitions on Starz TV from time to time. All competitions that we run on Starz TV will be subject to some specific additional rules that will be made available as specified on Starz TV (“Competition Rules”). The Competition Rules will automatically become a part of these Terms.
Unless the Competition Rules say otherwise the following rules will also apply to all competitions:
- entry to a competition will be by text or photo message. Sending a text message will cost £1. Sending a photo message will cost £1 plus one standard network text;
- multiple entries will not be permitted, and in any event you must not use any computer software to submit multiple entries or enter an unreasonable amount of entries;
- we don’t accept responsibility for any late or inaccurate entries;
- you agree that we can use anything you send to us as part of a competition in order to administer the competition including making copies of your entry (including any photos or videos) or editing it as we think may be necessary, publishing it or otherwise making it available on Starz TV or the Site or in other media including on our other TV channels or in any advertising or marketing material and that this right lasts forever and applies anywhere in the world;
- you agree that you won’t send us anything as part of a competition that you don’t own, or that you don’t have the right to send to us, or that may be unlawful, or that anyone might find offensive;
- if the competition has any specific eligibility requirements, e.g. UK residents only, we may ask you to provide proof that you meet the eligibility requirements;
- winners of a competition will be judged by a panel of judges. The decision of the judges (acting reasonably) will be final;
- all prizes are subject to availability and we may replace any prize with another product of similar or equivalent value;
- we will not be responsible for any prizes provided by third parties which are defective in any way; and
- if we can’t contact the winner, or the winner isn’t available for some other reason to receive the prize within a reasonable time, or if the winner does not meet any eligibility requirements or cannot provide adequate proof that they do, then we can give the prize to someone else.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Services and the Site and in any content or material available on them.
- You must not use any content from the Site or Services for commercial purposes without our permission.
- If you copy or use any part of the Site or Services or the content made available through them in breach of the Terms, you will no longer have permission to use the Services and, in addition to any other rights we may have, we can require you to return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Data protection and privacy
Links to and from the Site and Services
- You may link to the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, nor establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- You agree that we can withdraw linking permission to the Site at any time and we do not have to tell you about this before we do so.
- Our Site and our Services may also contain or refer to links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. We have no control over the content of those websites or resources and we are not responsible or liable for them in anyway. In addition, use of any third party websites and resources may be subject to you accepting additional terms and conditions, which we suggest you read carefully before proceeding.
We will try to use reasonable care and skill in making the Services and the Site available to you. We do not guarantee that the Services and the Site will always be available, be uninterrupted, secure or free from bugs or viruses, or that the Services and the Site will be free from errors or omissions.
Limitation of our liability
- Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
Termination and changes to the Terms
- We may change the Terms that apply to the Services at any time. If we do this we will update the Site where these Terms are available and continued use of the Services will be subject to the new Terms. We will tell you beforehand if we make any changes that are significantly worse for you.
- We recommend that you read through the Terms available on the Site regularly so that you can be sure that you are aware of any changes that may apply to you and what the latest rules are.
- We may terminate these Terms at any time without any liability to you provided we tell you that we are doing so. We may also stop providing any of the Services provided on Starz TV at any time for any reason.
- No third parties may enforce any rights under these Terms against either us or you. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 does not apply to these Terms.
- You can’t transfer your agreement with us to anyone else without our permission.
- If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- You agree that you will not have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement (whether made innocently or negligently) made to you upon which you relied in agreeing to these Terms other than any remedy you may have for breach of the express terms of these Terms.
- If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
- These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. To the extent that the law in which you are resident permits, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.