- The key points you need to know about how we gather and use Your Information
- What information do we gather about you?
- How do we treat children's personal information?
- How do we use Your Information?
- How do we share Your Information?
- Links to other websites and services and our content on other websites
- Your consent to international transfers of Your Information
- Your rights: accessing and amending Your Information
- What steps do we take to keep Your Information secure?
1. The key points you need to know about how we gather and use Your Information
- We use Personal Data to allow you to participate in the features on the Site, to process your registration, and to provide you with other requested content related to our movies and other offerings. Click here to learn more.
- We disclose your Personal Data publicly when you post User-Generated Content on the Site. We also disclose Personal Data when you request or agree to such sharing with business partners or other third parties, when we engage a third party to process data on our behalf, when such sharing is required by law, or in certain other situations. Click here to learn more.
- This Site may be hosted on web servers in the United Kingdom and/or the United States. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to the transfer of Personal Data to the United States, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Click here to learn more.
2. What information do we gather about you?
Information You Provide
We may collect personal data, including your name, email or street address, data of birth, telephone number, your preferences and interests, or other information you provide to us or grant us access to (“Personal Data”) when you register for newsletter, communicate with us, or take part in interactive games, features or competitions. We may also collect any photographs, video images or other user generated content that you may upload to the Site (“User-Generated Content” or “UGC”).
Automatic Information Collection
We also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A unique identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by this number (“Device Identifier”). Some mobile service providers may also provide us with the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
Third Party Interactive Features
Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your Device when you close the browser software. Persistent cookies remain on your Device after the browser has been closed. The cookies used on the Site do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser, unless you choose to identify yourself voluntarily. You may choose to identify yourself for any one of the following reasons: by asking the browser to remember your username and password, by responding to a promotional offer, or by personalizing a web page or requesting more information on a product or service.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs) are used in combination with cookies to help Site operators understand how you interact with their websites. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site or in an email. The use of a clear gif allows the Site to measure your actions in opening the page that contains the clear gif.
- Provide general internal and customer analytics.
- Study traffic patterns in order to improve website performance, to customise the user experience, and to better match the users’ interests and preferences. For example, SPE keeps track of the domains from which people visit, and also measures visitor activity on SPE websites. However, these tracking records are performed and maintained in ways that keep the data non-identifiable.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using SPE products or services.
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into a SPE product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- If you login to our products through the Site, cookies can also be used to save the username so that we can process the saved login information and quickly log you into the product.
- Assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
- Tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- If you do not wish to allow your session visit information on the Site to be aggregated and analysed by us, you may utilise the following opt out mechanism. Click here to opt-out of use of session cookies for Site analysis purposes.
- The Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of dynamic content. Flash (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. SPE employs Adobe Flash cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation. You may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly. Click here to manage the use of Adobe Flash applications. SPE does not use Flash cookies to serve interest-based advertising.
- For further information about cookies you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to login or use other interactive features of our Sites and features that depend on cookies.
Third Party Cookies on SPE
For analytics services, we may use Omniture, a web analysis service provided by Adobe. To opt out of Omniture’s cookie tracking see http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/product#optout
You may prevent the installation of cookies through your browser settings; please note, however, that in this case not all functionalities of the Site may be available to you. By using this Site, you consent to the processing of your information collected by Google as described above and for the purposes described above.
Google Analytics can be disabled through this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
4. How do we treat children's personal information?
We do not knowingly collect information including Personal Data from minors under than 18 years old. Only users 18 and over are permitted to use and register to use this Site.
5. How do we use Your Information?
We will use Personal Data collected through the Sites to: (1) allow you to participate in the features we offer on the Site; (2) process your registration and/or upload your UGC; (3) provide you with information that you request or agree to receive; (4) improve the Site and for internal business purposes; (5) contact you with regard to your use of the Site, and any changes to our policies; (6) tailor content, advertisements and offers we serve you; and (7) fulfil other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data or otherwise with your consent.
6. How do we share Your Information?
We may share Personal Data with the following parties:
When You Agree To Have Your Personal Information Shared
Personal Data That You Disclose Publicly on the Site
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We may engage third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating our Site, sending e-mail communications, and data analysis. We may share Personal Data with third parties in order for them to provide content or otherwise perform services for us, and we will require such parties to maintain appropriate security to protect such data from unauthorised access or processing.
Affiliate Sharing and Business Transfers
We may share your Personal Data with other entities affiliated with us for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. SPE or any of its assets, including the Site, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your Personal Data is one of the business assets of the transaction. In such case, your Personal Data may be transferred.
Legal Protections and Other Disclosures
7. Links to other websites and services and our content on other websites
8. Your consent to international transfers of Your Information
The Site is hosted and operated in the United Kingdom. Your Personal Data may be transferred to and processed in the United States where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country. By using the Site, and providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer of your information to, and its processing in, the United States.
9. Your rights: accessing and amending Your Information
You have the right to access your Personal Data held by us and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted. You can also request not to receive email communications and/or other marketing information from us. For more details please contact our data protection team by email at SonyPrivacy@spe.sony.com or write to us at:
CSC Media Group Limited
Sony Pictures Europe House
25 Golden Square, London W1R 9LU
10. What steps do we take to keep Your Information secure?